Time management made really easy (GTD + Evernote)
by MALCOLM SIMMONDS
I have tried many of the time management systems out there over the years. I gave up on all of them, usually because I was finding it took me too long to learn them and to maintain them.
What I want a time management system to do easily is:
- Maintain a list of all my tasks, and would-be tasks
- Prioritise them without having to score them, rewrite them, etc
- Maintain a list of all my projects, and where I am with them
- Start off my day knowing exactly where I am with my appointments, tasks, and projects
- Know at a glance what I have to do now, and next.
- Not miss anything or forget anything
The system I am about to tell you about, which is calledTimology, allows me to do all this – and easily.
I use a simple combination of theGetting Things Donemethod of David Allen together withEvernote. You can do it for free, though the paid version of Evernote gives you a little more functionality.